Whole Wheat Carrot Raisin Muffins
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder (1 large, 2 small to equal ~20 grams protein)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 single serve container fat free plain Greek yogurt
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup shredded carrots
½ cup raisins
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl.
3. Whisk together yogurt, applesauce, vanilla extract, and ½ cup almond milk in a separate bowl. Gently fold carrots into the yogurt mixture.
4. Stir yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Add up to ½ additional cups almond milk if needed for a thick biscuit like consistency.
5. Gently fold raisins into the batter. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups until nearly full.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.